Thursday, March 5, 2020

Elton's Shining Star

Finally, after a few months of dealing with a health issue (Old age is setting in!) I managed to return to the carving bench. This piece goes to a wonderful fellow Cast Member who happens to love Jiminy Cricket and his college basketball superstar daughter. Elton caught sight of a previous carving of Jiminy and he couldn't resist trying to get me to carve one for him. I try to keep all my carvings a surprise so I put him off telling him I really can't get into requests. A few weeks later I began to research more info about Elton's interests and I found out that Elton is his daughter's biggest "cheerleader." The ideas began to pop up. I'd incorporate Jiminy Cricket and a few select articles to represent Da' Ja and her basketball team.
 
As you can see above, Jiminy will have Da' Ja's team shirt over his coat. Her name on the back and team number on the front. The Basketball will include her year of graduation the "W" for the school and her team number.
The roughout stage.
 
 
 
Smoothing out and detailing.
 
 
Now for the "basketball court!"
 
 
"Elton's Shining Star"