Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Tink"

I find it difficult to carve a piece that you've already carved. You know it will never look the same and in some ways you anticipate the same issues you may have had with the first carving. I guess sometimes you've just got to give in and do the job. "Tink" is going home with a friend and I'm sure she will have a good home.

This time "Tink" is in a different position and I learned a great deal about finish prepping for paint from this piece.

Let's begin....

"Tink" is 6" tall and 3"X3" side to side.
She was a "handful" to cut out on the band saw.
I held her in place with an elastic band for this photo.
This carving was tricky to cut all sides, but it sure was worth it.

It's time to get to work....
"Tink's" arms were close to her body. A thin Exacto blade opened the space I needed to make. Then a piece of fine sandpaper completed the task.

Now for the base, sealing and color.
 
Time to package her up, sprinkle a little "Pixie dust" on her and send her home!