Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Max" (Goofy's son)

After a few weeks off here's the next piece ready to go home.
"Max" is Goofy's son.
I settled on the animated "Max" in lieu of the live "Max." I started out with the hair style of the live "Max" but, as you'll see, that just didn't work.
First, a little time on the band saw.
Now we can get down to business.

"Max'" pose made for good access for his extremities and features.
But, the hair just doesn't do it for me.
Like many carvers out there, I'm sure that as you work a piece you're open to making changes to the piece. Sometimes it becomes a necessity.
Well, that "chunk" of wood on "Max'" hair did it for me.
Off with his hair!
I need a way to "imbed" his new hair...
Above you see the "surgery" and his "replacement" hair.
What kid wouldn't want this "Mohawk?"
 and voila....
Much better!

Now for some color.

OK "Max," time to go to your new home!