Thursday, March 8, 2012

Donald Duck

Wow! First time using my new 10" band saw to cope out Donald and what a time saver.

Below, Donald is sketched and marked for coping.

Within minutes (what normally took me forty to forty-five minutes) I'm ready to take the Dremel to Donald.
I'm not new to using a band saw. I just never thought of using it for wood carving.

Once I had the sides cut I went for the front and back of Donald.

I was getting a little too confident with the band saw. Now that I've removed the front outline of Donald, I've got to pay close attention to the few remaining guidelines.

Donald worked up quickly.



The basic shape is there now just take my time and work out the details.






OK, Donald its time to bring you to life... it's time for some color!



You can squawk all you want Donald, I'll find a nice home for you!